Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We understand the importance of patient education at the office of John S. Kittrell, DDS, and Associates. Good oral care is essential for one’s overall health, and the more knowledge our patients have about dental care, the better their oral health will tend to be.
There are a number of questions we hear rather frequently, so we have included those below.
If you have other questions that are not listed here, we invite you to ask them. Whether they have to do with your oral care specifically or your oral health generally, we want to know what you are thinking. When you have knowledge, you can make more informed decisions about your treatment options.
Don’t hesitate to ask us questions. We care about the health of you and your entire family!
- How often should I see a dentist?
- What should I expect during my appointment?
- What does “painless dentistry” mean?
- What if I have an emergency?
- Are payment plans available for my dental treatment?
- Can the dentist whiten my teeth?
- Will I need a referral?
- Will I have to wear this device forever?
- Will this change my bite permanently?
- How much will this cost out of pocket for me?
- Does wearing the device hurt?
- Can you guarantee this will work for me?
- How do I clean it?
- How long will the device last?
- What if I lose the device?
- How do I store the oral appliance when I'm not wearing it?
- What is the process to get an oral appliance?